IAS Full From : Indian Administrative Service. In India, different groups of government employees are entitled to receive different pay scales which point directly to the maximum or minimum of their basic pay in accordance with their positions. Indian Administrative Services or IAS officers have five scales: Junior Scale, Senior Time Scale, Junior Administrative Grade, Selection Grade and Super Time Scale.The IAS officer’s salary is among the highest paying salaries in the government sector. Here’s a glimpse of what Indian administrative officers receive as pay scales in different scales.
Salary Structure of IAS Officer
|Apex Scale||₹80,000 (fixed)|
|Above Super Time Scale||₹67,000-80,000|
|Super Time Scale||₹37,400-₹67,000 plus grade pay of₹10000|
|Selection Grade||₹37,400-₹67,000 plus grade Pay of₹8700|
|Junior Administrative Grade||₹15,600-₹39,100 plus grade pay of₹7600|
|Senior Time Scale||₹15,600-₹39,100 plus grade pay of₹6600|
|Junior Time Scale||₹15,600-₹39,100 plus grade pay of₹5400|
IAS Salary | Monthly Salary
UPSC IAS An officer’s pay in India is as follows.
|Level||Basic Pay||DA (at 125%)||Total Salary|
|Cabinet Secretary Level||90000||112500||202500|
Also Read : Air Hostess Salary In India
IAS Career Options
Members of the Indian Administrative Service hold various administrative posts, such as the District Collector, the Heads of Departments and the Head of Public Enterprises at the State level. They may also be assigned to various posts by deputation to the central government.
IAS Career Structure
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate in a sub-District Division (Entry)/Section Officer in the Central Government. District Magistrate (Collector) in the District or Joint Secretary in the Government of the State or Undersecretary / Principal Private.
- District Magistrate (Collector ) District or Deputy Secretary / Senior Principal Private Secretary (Senior PPS) in the central government.
- Divisional Commissioner / Special Government Secretary or Central Govt Director / Principal Staff Officer(PSO).
- Divisional Commissioner to the Government Division or Secretary to the Government of India or to the Joint Secretary to the Government of India.
- Main Secretaries / Financial Commissioners in States, Additional Secretaries to the Government of India.
- Chief Secretary of State, Union Secretaries in charge of various ministries of the Government of India.
How to become an IAS officer?
IAS EXAM Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is the same as for other civil services services under the combined exam by UPSC. One of the primary criteria is that candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. Applicants appearing in the final year exams may also apply. Once the applicant clears the civil services and receives his rank assignment to the IAS, he has to go through specific training. The toppers usually receive the IAS.
IAS officer salary and other facilities
- House: A duplex bungalow is provided to IAS officers in the VVIP Restricted Areas of the state capital being deployed. Despite being posted to other districts / commissioner or headquarters, this benefit is fully realized by them.
- Service quarters: Apart from having a residence in the state capital, service quarters are also provided in the district or headquarters in which the IAS officer is stationed.
- Transportation: An IAS officer is allocated for travel for any reason for at least 1 and maximum 3 government vehicles. Both cars have the blue light on them. A Red Lighted Vehicle is allocated to officers whose appointment is on the scale of the Chief Secretary. The Government manages the fuel and maintenance expenses of the car assigned to the IAS officer.
- Security: Security is being provided to IAS officers and their families. Generally, 3 home guards and 2 bodyguards are assigned to the IAS officer appointed to the state headquarters. STF commandos may also be deployed to protect their safety in the event of a danger to their lives. For an IAS officer who has been appointed to the post of District Magistrate or to the post of Commissioner,The entire police force is under him, and he can customize his protective cover to suit his needs.
- Bill: Unlike private company employees, the IAS officer is not required to pay for the general home services. For example, electricity is supplied either completely free or at a very high subsidy for their office accommodation. In the same vein,they are allocated 3 BSNL SIM cards with free talk time, SMS and internet services. At the same time, they are provided with free BSNL landline connection and a broadband connection.
- Domestic staff
- Study leave
- Salaried profit
- Other facilities
- Some more perks
Salary of IAS officer per month
An IAS officer’s basic monthly salary starts at Rs. 56,100 (TA, DA, and HRA are extra) and can go on for a Cabinet Secretary to Rs. 2,500.00.
IAS salary after 7th pay commission
On 29 June 2016, the Cabinet adopted the 7th Pay Commission Recommendation. The basic salary of IAS junior level officers is now Rs. 56100. Pay increases by increasing year after year.